Friday, January 2, 2009

It's kind of baffling to realize that another year has past, but it's always a beautiful, refreshing change in the way things go.  I've been celebrating the new year by being very lazy with my love & staying warm by the fire.
I've no complaints.

For the past couple of years I have found myself replaying Jolie Holland's "Mexican Blue" on days like this...those that aren't necessarily sunny, but always bright.  

When the moon is as clear as an opal 
And the amethyst river sings a song 
I'll remember all your dreams and the mysteries 
You have borne in your crystalline soul 
That you sing from your golden throat 
That you shine from your sparkling eyes 
That you feel from the goddess in your thighs

3 comments:

Beths Blog said...

i'm so glad you liked it tori! it was so fun seeing you guys, we just love your family!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

How I wish I had an eye for photography like you!

I'm glad you have enjoyed 09' so far...it's always best to bring in the new year with the one we love.

loves

Natalie Freeman said...

beautiful photo as always
& happy '09! I miss you!