Sunday, February 8, 2009

This was, by far, one of the most fulfilling weekends i have had in awhile, & i am so thankful it occurred in all it's beauty.
Friday night, we celebrated my sisters 21st birthday here at the Birdhouse by having a "fifth grade party." We busted out the old overalls, space camp shirts, air brushed t-shirts, keds, & threw in some twister, roller blades, "let me see that tootsie roll" & ace of base to boot! It was so fabulous. Although my house quickly filled with way too many strange faces, the familiar ones were enough to counteract, & make for a fan-freaking-tastic party that is near the top of my best parties ever list. & i mean, ever.
Here are some of my favorite photos from the night(among the nearly 250 that i took...)



my favorite one of Nick..."what's that lil' gremlin?"







the birthday girrrl:
(the sign behind her says "have your school photo taken here")

Saturday, the weather was absolutely something to fall in love with.  We woke up & all headed down to Something Brewing for some brunch. Afterwards, I went down to the Art Sale, found some goodies, & had a really beautiful walk home alone. My house is about a ten minute walk from the apartments where the sale was, & it was so lovely outside that i decided to take a detour down a road i had previously never been down.  
I could feel the Earth breathing & the plant spirits dancing in the wind.  It was honestly uplifting.
Today, my sister & i made a delicious pot of soup & had my Momma, Daddyo, & my love over for dinner. It was the perfect way to end the weekend. 
Ahh, i need more weekends like this one. So full of love & visits with all my favorite people(except for you, Natalie! i have to come visit you soon, but i think about you all the time & i love you so.)

3 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

It was a beautiful weekend indeed!

Soup was so delicious!! Thank you

I can't believe Meg was able to roller skate while drinking! Glad you all had fun and were safe!

loves

Natalie Freeman said...

This post makes me so sad because I want to see you so badly!

BUT- those pictures are SO FREAKIN' CUTE! & you should seriously rock those clippies for the rest of your life! Hahaha. My favorite picture is of Marianne. She looked so fifth grade, girl!


& I'm so pumped about winning your Mom's giveaway. Haha!


I CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOUUUUU! WOO!

Mark Samuel Monroe said...

I swear, this was the most fun I have ever had.