Tuesday, January 8, 2013

farewell 2012, hello 2013

2012
you were good to me.
i traveled just a bit(though not nearly as much as 2011!) completed my bachelor's degree, landed my first art teaching gig, & moved in with Nick just weeks before our five year anniversary. even when change is good, as mine certainly all was, it can still be overwhelming to experience it all in such a condensed period of time(all of this literally happened in a matter of 3 months) but i continued to think of one of my favorite yogi quotes during my months of rapid change: 
"you must know that you can swim through every change of tide."


(from our november adventure at petit jean)

i am so very excited to see what 2013 will bring. i am feeling some major positive vibes about the year ahead. i got a late start on deciding what i would like my goals to be for this year (didn't write any down until new years eve) but i do have a few things i would like to focus on/accomplish this year:

-finally open my etsy shop (i set it up nearly three years ago, bout damn time)
- pursue my interest in videography
-shoot more film. since i finished college, my poor film cameras have been neglected.
-re-open mine & nick's etsy shop from 2010 that we got too busy to maintain
-continue & further my personal study of midwifery
-get back into my yoga groove that was once so solid
-finish my first quilt(a baby one i started in the summer) & perhaps make a few more. special thanks to my mad quilter of a momma for teaching me! ; )

beautiful things are sure to come.
happy 2013!



2 comments:

Natalie Freeman said...

i am so excited for you & all of these wonderful goals! i just purchased a new camera & it shoots video :) i cannot wait to film little oliver's first few days. oh, i am so excited for what 2013 will bring for you two! :)

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

So, I finally BLOGGED! and finally got on here to read yours! I can't wait to see the quilt finished! :)
Great goals!