Saturday, October 3, 2009

When it wasn't raining like it has been for the past week & i could actually open my windows to let the fall air in, Lili's favorite spot became the window sill.
(click photos to enlarge)
She got a little closer to the newest member of our family, our volunteer cat, Don Juan. Don Juan just kind of showed up one day. He was a pretty fat little thing, so i figured he was just a neighborhood cat who happened to like our front porch a lot. But after a few weeks, i felt his backbone one day while petting him & my sister & i decided we'd adopt him.

Lili also came to know this bee who would stay in front of the screen buzzing at her for longer than i'd imagined possible. Considering i am highly allergic to these little guys, this was the closest i've ever been to one, & it was pretty amazing!
Now, Arkansas, I want Autumn back. I have had enough of this 50 degree weather & constant rainfall.
My birthday is friday.
I am stoked.

5 comments:

Natalie Freeman said...

i hope your birthday party is a ball of fun! haha!

& great photos. i'm surprised you got as close to that bee as you did!

Kelsey W. said...

I really like that bee picture. I am deathly afraid of them, but that little guy doesn't seem so scary.

Kelsey W. said...

I really like that bee picture. I am deathly afraid of them, but that little guy doesn't seem so scary.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Yay! Today is your birthday!!! Happy day of birth my love!

I love Don Juan! He is adorable! Not as cute as Lili though. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing your compassion to Don Juan. I am sure he showed up because of Lili. Cats attract one another. BUT I am especially fond of tabby cats--which, of course, Don Juan is.

We are still feeding our two strays. I had the younger one neutered and got his first series of shots. Big Tom won't let me touch him yet. So I have no idea when I will be able to do the same for him.

Granny